Department: Architecture and Architectural
Institute: Graduate School of Engineering,
B.E., M.E., Ph.D. from Kyoto University (1973,1975,1981)
Department of Management Science, Faculty of Commerce, Kobe University
Lecturer , 1981-1982, Associate Professor, 1982-1990, Professor , 1990-1997
Combinatorial Optimization, Computational Geometry, Optimization in
- X. Gandibleux, H. Morita and N. Katoh, A population-based metaheuristic
for solving assignment problems with two objectives, to appear in The Journal of Mathematical Modelling and Algorithms.
- Tetsuo Asano, Naoki Katoh, Hisao Tamaki and Takeshi Tokuyama, The structure and number of global roundings of a graph, to appear in Theoretical Computer Science.
- D.Z. Chen, O. Daescu, Y. Dai, N. Katoh, X. Wu, Efficient Algorithms and Implementations for Optimizing the Sum of Linear Fractional Functions with Applications, to appear in Journal of Combinatorial Optimization.
- N. Katoh, K. Yada and Y. Hamuro, Business Application for Sales Transaction Data by Using Genome Analysis Technology, Proc. of The 6th International Conference on Discovery Science 2003, LNAI 2843, 207-218, 2003.
- Tetsuo Asano, Naoki Katoh, Koji Obokata, Takeshi Tokuyama: Matrix rounding
under the Lp-discrepancy measure and its application to digital halftoning.
SIAM J. Computing, Vol.32, No.6, 1423 - 1435, 2003.
- N. Katoh and T. Tokuyama, On K-levels of concave surfaces, Discrete &
Computational Geometry. Vol.27 (2002) 567-584.
- Parametric polymatroid optimization and its geometric applications, Katoh N, Tamaki H, Tokuyama T, International Journal of Computational Geometry & Applications, 12 (5): 429-443 OCT 2002.
T. Asano, N. Katoh, K. Obokata and T. Tokuyama, Matrix Rounding under the
L_p-Discrepancy Measure and Its Application to Digital Halftoning,
Proc. of 13th ACM/SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms, 896-904, 2002.
Naoki Katoh and Takeshi Tokuyama, Notes on computing peaks in k-levels
and parametric spanning trees, Proc. of 17th ACM Symposium on Computational
Geometry, 2001. 241-248.
Y. Kanno, M. Ohsaki, K. Murota and N. Katoh, Group Symmetry in Interior-Point
Methods for Semidefinite Program, Optimization and Engineering, Vol.2 No.3,
Hamuro Y., Kawata E., Katoh N., Yada K. (2001) A Machine Learning Algorithm
for Analyzing String Patterns Helps to Discover Simple and Interpretable
Business Rules from Purchase History, in Progresses in Discovery Science,
State-of-the-Art Surveys, LNCS, Springer-Verlag, 565-575.
Ip E., Johnson J., Yada K., Hamuro Y., Katoh N., Cheung S. (2002) A Neural
Network Application to Identify High-Value Customers for a Large Retail
Store in Japan, Chapter IV (pp. 55-69), Neural Networks for Business: Techniques
and Applications. (Kate A. Smith, Jatinder N. D. Gupta eds.). Idea Group
N. Katoh, Hiromichi Kojima and Ryo Taniguchi, Approximating Uniform Triangular
Meshes on Spheres, Proc. of JCDCG 2000, Lecture Notes in Computer Science
(LNCS) Vol. 2098, pp.192-204, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 2001.